By engaging to rent LA Create Space (hereinafter “Company”), you, the undersigned (hereinafter “Renter”), affirm that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Reservations, Payment, Cancellation: Renter will provide full payment for all reservations of space in US funds. Payment in full must be made to Company before Renter uses the space. Payment can be made any time after reservation is confirmed but before initial use of space. A cancellation fee of one hour will apply unless notice of cancellation is delivered to Company at least 48 hours before Renter’s reservation date and time. Cancellation notices must be approved by a Company employee in writing. No shows and cancellations made within 24 hours of Renter’s reservation will be charged the full amount of the booking. Company reserves the right to refuse reservations at its sole discretion.
- Length of Use; Restoration: 4 hour hour minimum rental. Renter’s rental time begins promptly at the designated starting time and ends promptly at the designated ending time. Renter must complete basic cleanup by the end of the rental period. Renter will return the studio to the condition it was prior to the rental period. Overtime is continued use of the space by Renter for any purpose. Overtime will be calculated in increments of 30 minutes beyond the contracted end-time of the rental period. Overtime fees will be assessed as per the Company prorated hourly rate. Company does not guarantee the studio will be available should Renter go past booked time. Renter must vacate the space immediately if requested by a Company employee and Renter’s previously booked time has expired.
- Equipment and Space: Company agrees to provide equipment and room in good working order, but makes no representations or warranties as to equipment functionality or suitability to Renter’s purposes. Company is not liable for acts out of its control that affect usage of the space, such as, but not limited to; power outages, weather or emergencies. In such cases, Company will refund a prorated portion of Renter’s payment.
- Arbitration: If the parties are unable to resolve any controversy or claim arising under this Agreement, they agree to submit the dispute or claim to binding arbitration subject to the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. The parties further agree that any such controversy or claim shall be submitted to one arbitrator selected from the panels of arbitrators of the American Arbitration Association, that they will faithfully observe this agreement and the Rules, that they will abide by and perform any award rendered by the arbitrator, and that a judgment of any court having jurisdiction may be entered on the award.
- Damage Renter shall be solely responsible for any damage or theft to Company’s property or equipment that occurs during the time Renter or members of Renter’s party occupy the space. Renter agrees to pay repair or replacement costs for any lost or damaged equipment. Renter agrees to pay for damages to the space including, but not limited to, spills, excessive wear, marks or stains on furniture, fixtures or painted surfaces. Any item within Company’s inventory found missing after the rental period will result in replacement cost being assessed to Renter.
- Smoking is not permitted on Company premise. If evidence of smoking exists, including but not limited to scent, inside any studio or location on Company premise, a $250 cleaning fee will be assessed to Renter.
- Children All children on Company’s premises must be supervised at all times
- Pets Pets are not permitted in the space without prior written consent from a Company Employee.
- Flame, Fire or Pyrotechnics Open flame, fire and pyrotechnics are prohibited at all times anywhere on Company premise.
- Miscellany: This Agreement incorporates the entire understanding and agreement for Renter and Company. Any modification of this Agreement must be in writing and signed by both parties. Any waiver of a breach or default of this Agreement shall not be deemed a waiver of subsequent breach or default of either the same provision or any other provision of this Agreement. The internal laws of the State of California, without regard for conflict of laws principles, shall govern this Agreement. Renter shall be fully responsible for ensuring that full payment is made pursuant to the terms of this Agreement.
50 percent at time of booking and 50 percent due prior to event.